Saturday, March 12, 2011

A bit chilly

As I rolled out of bed this morning I was reminded of a couple of things.  The first is the fact that I was on a 21 mile bike ride yesterday and my body made sure I knew it had been some time since I had ridden that far.  The second thing was we are in kind of a cold spell here in Naples and the temp was at 51. 
I think the day will bring a trip to downtown Naples where there will be a St. Patrick's Day parade.  I do not know if I have any green but will try to find something that is close.  Maybe Terry and I can find some green beer afterwards but not sure about that either.  Anyway it has been a long time, maybe never, since I have taken in a St. Patrick's Day parade so should  be fun. 
I forgot to mention that after the bike ride yesterday it was an hour with the ball machine on the tennis court so maybe, just maybe, it was almost too much exercise yesterday.  This old body had better recover soon as it is onto a 30 mile ride tomorrow for the cause of giving blood so the legs need to be in shape and the behind needs to be OK.
I have not finished my french press coffee so will sign off for now.

No comments: