Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chief cook



Thought you might enjoy seeing my new profession after 38 years in education I have a new challenge. As I fumble and bumble around in the kitchen I actually enjoy myself. We need a new kitchen but it still beats the ones I remember my mother worked in. For much of her life she cooked on a wood burning stove, didn't have a sink but needed to fill the dish pan with hot water to do dishes and then carry it outside when the water got dirty. Now that I am getting somewhat mature I have a greater appreciation for mother then I did way way back.

Gail and I enjoyed a delicious meal with Jerry/Susan Wind and family tonight. We eat together 2 or 3 times a month, it is always one of the highlights of the month. As I sit here blogging Gail is working feverishly on her PDA logging in 163 apt in one building. She took most of the day off her work as she meets every Tuesday with a group of women to talk, share and pray. I also had a great morning as 3 men come over here Tuesdays from 6-7 AM to do meditations. That is always fun and enlightening.

No comments: