Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A great stand but no deer

Here is Dale standing in my stand.  It certainly worked well but I do think that if the weather had been cold I could not have stayed up there too long.  I can see why many stands are enclosed.
We are getting rain as I write.  I do not know how much we will get but for some time it came down in buckets.
I have gotten about 35% of the things out of the garage attic.  I did not realize how much was up there.  Clothes, clothes and more clothes.  There are also some boxes of papers etc.  I have no idea how this happened but in one box I found my SS card.  I was sure I had it maybe just before I retired but could not find it for the last few years.  Well there it was in one of the boxes.  It now is in the safe.  I really do not know if I will ever need it again but it is nice to have. 
With the time change I am reminded how very long the dark hours are and I do remember how last year the evenings dragged on and on and on.  I have to come up with some idea to prevent that again as that was very difficult.  When it gets dark at 4:30 or so the evening stretches out for ever it seems.
Not much happening this week.  It is nice to have kind of a slow week.  I do have some things in the next couple of days but with coming home on Monday the week is shorter and time flies so fast. 
I do have men's group in a few minutes so will close.

No comments: