Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday

It has been a slow Sunday.  It is the first day that we have woken up and gone to sleep to the sight of snow snow.  Some melted but much remains and maybe it will go later in the week but am not sure. 
The sunrise picture was taken during deer hunting.  That is one of the reasons it is fun to go hunting when a person gets to enjoy God's beauty. 
I did do some work in the garage attic and totally finished cleaning it.  It has been a long long time since it was clear and it looks great.  A very nice feeling to have that done.  I wish I had taken a before and after picture but I did not.  Tomorrow I will put out many boxes of recycle papers and then the front of the garage will be ready to clean so that the car or the pickup can go in.  Last winter the pickup went in.
Travis is on the left and it is his birthday today.  Way back in November of 1971 we went into the hospital late evening of the 13th and Travis was born about 6:00 AM on the 14th.  Back in those days fathers could not go into the birthing room so it was wait and wait.  About 8:00 AM or so Gail was doing fine so I left and bagged a nice little buck about 10:00 AM.  Not sure I would do that if I had it over again but it was that way and Gail did not seem to mind or at least she did not say anything.  When Cynthia was over here tonight we looked at some of the old movies and Travis was a cutie.  Today at 39 he is such an outstanding guy and I am so proud of who he is, what he stands for and his outstanding character.  By the way that is Aaron on the right.

No comments: