Thursday, November 4, 2010

It truely is fall

Here I sit writing a short short note before I head north to build, think, enjoy, visit and maybe, just maybe shoot at a deer.  I always think at this time of the year about why I hunt deer.  Is it for being outside, is it for the venison, is it for getting away, is it for the fresh air, the sunrises and the sun sets.  Or maybe it just is tradition, family, dad, brothers as I meld all those into memories that I so enjoy.  I would really like to bring home a deer this year if for no other reason to say I built this great deer stand and shot a deer from it.   But if I come home empty of deer but full of mini candy bars, sausage sandwiches and honey crisp apples that will be fine.  Of course it is always fun to visit with Deb/Dale and for the second time in 3 years I will enjoy lunch with Grandma Saunders on Friday.  We made a date for 11:00 Friday so that should be fun.  It will be interesting to see how much we talk about our Gail.  I would be remiss if I did not mention the times Gail went with me and she and grandma made apple pies or we just sat around in the evening and chatted. 
So here I be, a bit later than I had thought but I am ready to hit the road and go places for a few days.  I doubt that I will sit at a computer until I arrive home which could be as early as Sunday or as late as Wednesday, whenever the spirit leads!

No comments: