As I was riding my 30+ minutes on the bike this morning I listened to Christmas music to help the time pass but I also spent the time reflecting on life over the last many many years. Some of the thoughts were:
- Life just moves way to fast
- I have always been one to say I don't want to go back into the past I just want to move forward with my life and I guess I still say that but with the Advent Season here and Christmas fast approaching it is difficult to really have that in my heart.
- I remembered the presents at home on the farm. Mom and Dad always put them above the kitchen cupbroards. I remember the reflectors on the tree lights.
- I remembered my all time favorite present which was a clock radio. I knew I would so enjoy listening the Harry Cary and the St. Louis Cardinal baseball as I fell asleep in the summer time.
- I remembered Gail's and my first Christmas together with our Charlie Brown tree.
- One of the most fun Christmas presents in our family was when we gave a computer to the kids. Each one had a present to open and it was maybe the printer or the key board or another part and the screams of delight still ring in my ears.
- Of course the many many times we would go and cut our tree. One year Gail decided she wanted 2 trees, one for the living room and one for the basement. On the way home one of them fell off the top of the car!!
- The first 2 Christmas' we were in St. Paul most of my family came. We had aunts, uncles and cousins sleeping every place possible. It was one of our most fun extended family times.
- All our Christmas times after grandchildren arrived were special
- I thought about the Christmas we gave each of the boys a tool box that I made. I think they may still have them.
- There was the time we drove to CA to be with grandma/grandpa Saunders
Well it is on the a couple of things before a 3:00 Christmas program I will be going to.