Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ouch

The Lee Family left camping a day early as heavy rains came in this morning.  We decided that a day in the tents with 7 very lively little kids was not much to look forward to so home it was.  The Red Barn Campgrounds was very kid friendly and a wonderful place to keep those little ones busy.
For me the campout was a BIG disappointment.  Friday morning, at home, I woke up with a sore back and I said to myself I better take things easy.  Travis and I were the first to arrive at the camp grounds so I thought it would be a good time to crawl into the pickup and take a nap.  An hour later as others arrived I woke up and got out.  As I did so the pain in my back was so great that I almost passed out and I could not see clearly for about 30 min or so.  I ended up in the hospital, got a shot and some meds for the pain.  I knew I could not sleep in the pickup or on the ground but the camp owners said we could use their cabin which was a very short way from the camp and right on the lake.  So that is where I spent all my weekend.  It never ceases to amaze me how God provides in our times of need.  I am now praying that my back heals quickly as this has happened once or twice before and I really don't want to spent several weeks being careful. 
I will work on camp things the rest of the day and then prepare for a camp meeting tomorrow night.
I do think the kids had a great time canp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you suppose the back thing runs in the family? Saturday we had both kids and families home and my back went out. I have been laying around until today. I can get around now, just can't straighten up all the way. A trip to the chiropractor tomorrow. He should be able to help as in the past. Don't think mine is as serious as yours seems to be.
Dave DVL