Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wednesday, September 9 @ 7 AM

Gail's bed arrived and was set up at 9 PM yesterday, it is such a blessing. The new meds arrived about 10 and that allowed her to rest better and sleep quite well. She feels the oxygen that came about 11 PM helps and she uses it all the time. As I write she is sleeping again and seems to be very peaceful.

Gail got up once during the night but other than that slept from midnight to 6:45 this morning. This is a new day and the first with so many new wonderful medical things. We are hopeful that it will be a peaceful day and of course if God sees to heal Gail through all of your prayers how awesome that would be. However as I have said so many times we do need to live in reality and as I sit and watch our Gail deal with a body that is so sick my heart aches. But I also re joyous in God's love, God's goodness and I say to myself if only I could draw closer to Him and know his every intention and plan. Lord, come in more power, more love, more healing, more of your wisdom and may all of us give more of ourselves towards building your kingdom here on earth.

Yesterday it was such a blessing to have all the kids around. Aaron/Amy, Cynthia/Mike, Travis and John/Mary. It would have been difficult to get through the day without them. Gail was not able to enjoy the grand kids very much but I know she was so proud of Henry in his new school uniform he looked and acted the part of such a fine young man, even had dress shoes!!

Thank you for your prayers and support in our journey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just heard about this blog yesterday and spent last night reading it from top to bottom. My heart just breaks for you. Gail, you are one of most sweet and gentle people I know and I am in awe of your fierce determination to fight this. Carmen, it is so obvious that you adore your wife and your loving service to her touches me deeply. I am standing with you in praying for a miracle, whatever form it takes.
I am reminded of the words to a song that I often turn to for comfort when I am perplexed by what God seems to be doing:

God is too wise to be mistaken
God is too good to be unkind
So when you don't understand
When don't see his plan
When you can't trace his hand
Trust His Heart

Trusting God's heart with you,
Mary Jo Koplos

Anonymous said...

Gail and Carmen . . ."they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength they shall rise up with wings like eagles."
May the peace of Jesus, the power of the Holy Spirit, and the love of the Father, overpower you and fill you to overflowing...Larry & Jeri

Anonymous said...

Yes Carmen I join you in your prayer of more love, more healing, more of your kingdom lived out in our life together. Come Lord Jesus and heal our sister Gail.

Sending our love,
Pat And Patricia Ficker