Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Yellow Rose

I visited Gail's grave site for the first time this afternoon. Someone had been there and left a yellow rose.

I took home the yellow ribbons with wife, mother, grandmother and friend written on them.

I asked the same question that Liam asked, why is grandma in the ground. God said that his plan is perfect, his timing is always the best and I need not worry. I accepted his answer but I find it difficult for now.

I NEVER was one for graves, cemeteries etc. but as I sat on the ground and gazed around I had a strange peace and my heart was filled with awe, love and appreciation for Gail. My mind went back to the slide show at the wake and the last picture of her waving and I remembered how she would always wave like that when others left our house or when I drove off.

It is unbelievable, as I walk around at home Gail is in everything. Time will have to heal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Carmen,

I just found out about your blog on the Faustina blog. These are moving reflections. Thank you for sharing them with us.

I was very moved by the wake and funeral for Gail. She was undoubtedly a saint and someone God loves very much. Annamarie and I always felt special in her presence and will miss her. But we certainly see her love present in Cynthia and your family.

May God bless you and give you peace during this time.

Eternal rest grant onto her, O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and those of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

Jason Adkins