Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Luke 8: 46 and 48

But Jesus said,"Someone touched me: I know that power has gone out from me."
Then he said to her,"Daughter, your faith has healed you. "Go in Peace."

Those scriptures were given to us by at least 4 different people in at least 3 different states and of course our understanding and hope was that Gail would be healed of her cancer.  As one looks at the picture of course you can see that her body is frail but if you look at her eyes they are bright, beautiful and so full of life and this was less than 4 weeks before Gail's death.
In the book I am reading this struck me.  I will paraphrase here but the thought is from the book, not from me
In times of despair and sorrow we reach out for our Father, and in the reaching we sometimes touch the hem of his gown.  And in that touching, our souls are filled with unimaginable beauty and peace which then flows out into our world in many many different ways.
I now understand what that scripture meant for Gail.  It meant that in her desire for physical healing, in her sorrow of her physical state she touched Jesus and he filled her with his Spirit in a new and powerful way.  That Spirit held her from much pain, that spirit allowed her to be of clear mind until the very end, that spirit came through in her eyes to each and every person who come to visit her.  So I now know that she did indeed touch his gown and he did heal her but not in the way that we had in our minds.  Thank you Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our God is an Awesome God and He will reveal truth as we steadfastly seek Him. I thank Him for what he has revealed to you.
Dave

Connie said...

That is amazing, Carmen. Thank you for sharing it.