Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Time of memories

Here is Gail in Nova Scotia in October of 2007.  She is writing, most likely a postcard to someone.  She loved camping, the fire and cooking outdoors.
Not too much done today.  I did go to Schoenrock to talk a bit more about a monument.  I will be happy when that whole thing is finished.  It will not be completed for some time but it does wear on me.  I have decided what scripture I want on the monument if it can be put on.  I took it out of the Bible that Grandma and Grandpa Saunders used when they were first married.  Gail had been using that one for the last few months of her life.  It is And we know that to them that love God, all things work together unto good, to such as, according to his purpose, are called to be saints.  Romans 8:28
Gail had marked that as one of her favorites.  I am not sure we can fit all of it on the monuments but will talk about that tomorrow morning. 
I am mindful of the fact that coming up in about 2 weeks it will be 6 months since we said good bye to Gail, mother and grandmother.  I just can not believe it has been half of a year.  We have a video camera and I had not used it for a long time.  I took it with me to Madison last weekend and as I was looking for the tape I wanted to use I looked as some tapes with Gail on them.  I am not ready for that yet.  She just looked too alive, too real, too "right here now" so I will save those for another time and I am sure that I will be so happy I have some of her.  I am sure in time I will say I don't have enough with Gail on but right now I can't go there.
I attempted to go into the attic and put somethings away today and the things I need to do almost overwhelmed me.  Gail had so many ideas and saved so many things there just are many many decisions to make so I closed the attic door and will leave that too for another day.  I have said it more than once but what to save, what to give, what to throw --it all is just too much for now so will save things to do at a later date.
Some how I have a difficult time paring down my activities.  Tomorrow there will be 6:30 breakfast, 6 PM dinner with Paul at my house, Friday a meeting here, Saturday 10 men coming over for breakfast and Saturday night I get to entertain Faustine for a few hours.  Perhaps 10-15 years ago that would have been a yawner but now that sounds busy!!
Enough

No comments: