Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday

Here October is almost half over. As I write the temp is 36. Yesterday when I was up north the morning temp was 19 and a high of 38. Normal temps are a high of 60!!! We have had these temps for more than a week and don't know when we will get some warm temps again. I do need to get a few windows on so am waiting.
I really had a great time Monday and Tuesday. Mark Lauer took me with him for a 2 day trip to visit his dad. I so enjoy his dad. He is 83, works more than most 40 year olds and has stories to last forever. Last year at the age of 82 he split 40 full cords of wood, some for himself and sold some. When I asked if he used a mechanical splitter he said no they were too slow so he does it by hand!! Yesterday morning Mark and I spent about 1hr and 45 minutes on the water and came home with 6 Northerns that were between 24 and 27 in long. We also let several go. I had not fished for many many years and it was great. I now have 8 pd of filleted fish ready for a fish fry.
It was very good for me to get away for 2 days. I was able to talk to Mark about Gail without tears, was able to think about many things and I actually felt that my mind cleared a bit. Oh my Gail is still so so close and my heart still has that large hole which oozes of pain, hurt, memories, love and so much more but to be able to put a band aid on that hurt for a short time was good for my soul and good for my mind. A month ago, oh I don't want to go there this morning. To remember but to smile is my goal in the days ahead. When I returned home yesterday and the house was so cold (54) I wanted to talk with Gail about what we should do until the house warmed up!! Of course I couldn't talk with her so I turned up the heat, put more clothes on and worked around for a while, how romantic is that--NOT.
I am meeting someone for breakfast this morning so need to go.

No comments: