Thursday, December 24, 2009

Jesus came

Jesus came tonight and what a wonderful thing. He came to save us and to give us everlasting life. Amen
Life has changed so much. Christmas Eve for years and years was the highlight of our Christmas. That was the time we went to church, that was the time we opened gifts and the kids of course could hardly wait for that time. I remember one year we actually opened gifts on the morning of Christmas Eve so we could play new games all day. The past many years there would be lefsa made in the morning, 4:00 mass in the afternoon and so on.
So what happened today? It was a nice time. Travis, Aaron, Amy, Leo and I were here. We had a very nice meal and about 7:30 A/A/L headed to Amy's parents. Travis stay for some time after that and then headed home. Never in my wildest dreams did I think last year that in 2009 for Christmas it would be like this. Here I am alone in my house finishing some gifts, having a snack, missing Gail and waiting for Christmas day. Still it is so hard for me to believe that our Gail is gone and I am alone. I have a little more work to do with gifts, then put the stockings out, take a bath and get some sleep. I am not complaining but I would say that where ever you are and who ever you are with enjoy the time and don't say something like next year I will have more fun to do more things or go more places. Don't put off until tomorrow or next year what you may like to do now.
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

No comments: