Friday, May 28, 2010

Ahead

Of course I am looking at another of those "firsts" on Tuesday when Gail and I would have celebrated our 42nd anniversary.  It is so difficult to believe that there will be no more celebrations.  Of course we did not celebrate in a big way much of the time but most of the time I would save a personal day from school so I could take the day off. Maybe I will tell some weird or funny or maybe sad stories of things we did on our special day.  Regardless of what happens in the next few days I know that next Tuesday will be mighty empty.  I have said it before and will probably say it in the future, "I can not imagine how a person can go through losing a loved one if they do not have a strong faith in our loving God. God is so good, He is so near, He is so loving and He is so protective.
I went to a funeral today.  A good friend Jim R mother died.  Jim was an only child and his mother and grand mother raised him so losing his mother was difficult even though she had lived a long life (87).  I have gone to several funerals since we lost Gail but for some reason it was difficult to get through this one.  I left after communion as I had difficulty drying my eye during the whole mass.  It will get easier I think.

No comments: