Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A penny for your thoughts--A dollar for your tears


Here is the start of the garden season.  The radishes took a whole 2 days to come up and I put the tomatoes in today.  We will see when/if they start to grow.  There are 13 that I started from seeds.  I don't know the tomatoes are in the same spot as last year and every good farmer knows that you rotate so we will see what happens.

I finalized the monument things so the next time I see or do anything will be when it is in place.  They said the granite should come in any day so.

As I write tonight it is raining.  I am not sure if we will get much but we do need water. 

I drove out to Resurrection tonight.  I did not stay long but drove around a bit.  I need to bring flowers again as the heat took all of the ones left a few days ago. 

I kind of did a normal routine today.  I watered the sod, did the dishes, ran some errands and I did take a nap which was nice.  I woke at 5:30 ready to go so that was a good sign.  On my way from Schoenrock to Midway center I drove a route that I drove often in the past but have not been there for maybe 3 or 4 years and the changes were stunning.  The place I used to buy camp ribbons is now a large grassy area, Joe's sporting goods, which was big store, is now a uniform place and the list goes on and on. 

Those changes and the memories that go alone with what used to be are the dollar for your tears kind of thing.  Not sure why but could not help but think about Gail, the things that used to be and how life changes.  As I drove past Joe's Sporting goods I remembered how I had stopped in there one time and purchased a jacket for Gail.  I could see the look in her eyes and feel her arms around my waist as I gave it to her.  I remember her eyes said something like Carmen this is really nice but you know I didn't really need a new jacket.  Her arms around my waist did not say anything other than I want to be so close to you and I love you so much.  I often wonder why I am such a gift guy.  I so enjoy giving people gifts. 
It actually was a pretty good day, not too sad, not to high, not too low, just kind of a normal this is your life kind of day.

Enough for tonight.

No comments: