Monday, November 9, 2009

A quiet day

The day was uneventful and I was thankful for that. Cynthia stopped by with lunch so we ate together which was much appreciated. Travis stopped by for a chat and to get water. I took Wallace for a walk which I need to do much more often. Susan Wind stopped by for a chat also. As I write I guess it was not a lazy day but it seemed peaceful.
I walked up and down Niles a couple of times tonight. I find that it helps me relax, unwind and think. Actually at this time thinking is not my favorite thing but I know it is good for me. It is interesting to look in the windows at night and guess or wonder what is happening in that house. It sounds a bit childish but for some reason now that is good for me. When I returned home I sat on the front steps for about 30 minutes. My thoughts turned to a conversation that Gail and I had more than once when we talked about putting 2 chairs in the front as a place to sit, talk and visit with people as they walked by. As I thought about that I did not feel really emotional but all of a sudden I felt warm tears on my cheeks. As I sat there they dried up and got crusty. I have been surprised at how quickly and unexpected those darn tears come. They just seem to appear and say to me that my Gail is not here, she is not coming back and that is OK. Now I can say that she is here in spirit, she is near me all the time etc. but the truth is I can't hold her hand, I can't hug her, I can't hold her tight and when that is taken away it changes one forever.
Thanksgiving is only 2+ weeks away, the holidays are fast approaching. I want and need to do several things before Thanksgiving so I had better keep busy the next 2 weeks. I have been thinking what I should do for a Christmas letter. The Lord will have to give me a thought because I have come up with nothing at this point.
A lady had set up an appointment to see the machine but tonight she e-mailed and said she will not look at it so it is wait some more.
I need to do a few things before tomorrow morning as the guys are coming for meditations at 6.

No comments: