Thursday, January 21, 2010

Grandpa day


Here is a picture of Mark, Deb, Al and Gail.  I am not sure of the date but Al has on a St. John's shirt and he was there I think in 67-69.  I am not sure what they are doing but it is cute!  As you can see Gail had on that darn cute cute head band again.
I tried a modified grandpa day.  I took Henry, Liam and Audrey for 2 1/2 hr.  I did not dare venture with Faustina too as well as all day.  Then Travis came and I did not even see Henry and Liam for the first hr as they worked with Travis on the fort so I guess one could not really call it grandpa day, just a short time with some of the grand kids.  I did then make dinner for everyone including the Winds.  Everyone said my chicken pot pie was a winner so I will keep it.  Actually I would have to say I liked it too.  Cyn then brought a great salad and Susan brought a super super lemon cake so it was a fun evening. 
As everyone left Jerry asked me if I wanted to come over to watch a movie and I said I was tired.  That was true but really I think the emotion of the day, kids and dinner without Gail was enough for one day.  Some days now are better and some are not so good.  Today with all the people and to do those things without Gail there was an extra emptiness in my heart.  Not too much sadness, not too many tears just kind of like a spring rainbow with a band of black in the middle.
My 7:30 meeting was canceled because of icy roads.  We meet every 2 weeks so I am guessing we will not make it up but rather just meet in two weeks. 
I do think I will go to bed early tonight.

No comments: