Please forgive the way these pictures are. I can not figure out how to put them in a good way. I am starting the New Year with a quiet at home time and spending much time thinking about Gail and other family loved ones that have gone on to their heavenly Father. As I think about each one I remember things about them and then try to put down how I can be a better person because of who they were. I am not sure if this is a recommended way to start a new year but for me so far it has been very good. It also helps me put losing Gail in a better perspective. As I think and pray it is easier for me to be realistic about life, how short it is and how family is so important, certainly more important than success, money, fame and any other worldly things one tends to strive after some times. Mark and Mary lost little Scott about in 1982 or so but I could not find a picture of Scott. I will let people figure out who is in these pictures but some clues:
- Grandpa Saunders was in the Coast Guard in WWII
- Mark Kohler often smiled and he was our neighbor
- In the picture of my grandma and grandpa my grandpa has on bib overalls.
- Deeanne has on a pretty dress
- My brother Ronald and sister Janet died in the 60's and the pictures look like the 50's or 60's.
- My brother-in-law Charlie Hunt went for a walk with us.
- I actually found a picture of my parents where dad was smiling-unusual
- Of course you know our Gail as here she is hugging her one and only daughter.
I do not know if I am excited about the new year or not. When a person goes through difficiult times it almost can make you gun shy to think about what may be coming the next year. I know that is not a good way to think but there is a bit of that there. I know that there are several house projects that are "musts" like new electrical service, painting the garage and working on storms and screens. This may sound really funny and it may tell my age but I have always dreamed about driving and camping alone route 66!!! I think it is from Chicage to LA. Now that may never come to pass but........ I also would like to travel to Havre Montana to visit an old friend Larry. Of course we will start working on Servant Camp soon and that will be Aug 8-13 so mark it on your schedule to come, enjoy, have fun and met our Jesus in a upclose personal way.
We start out the new decade on a cold note. The high is supposed to be 9 today but at least it is not way below zero.
Enough words, I have not had my first 2010 breakfast so will go eat a bit.