Saturday, March 20, 2010

One from each family!!

Here I is, alone in the house after a peak time of 17 people here.  We all enjoyed a breakfast of 18 eggs, 30 pieces of bacon and 2 batches of buttermilk blueberry pancakes.  I think everyone had a good time, grandpa sure did but I would have to admit a bit tired.  Was up at 6:00 to be sure the papers were here and breakfast was ready for all by 9:00.  It was a great day and the only thing that would have made it better if our beloved grandma Gail could have been here but----.
I think I have said it all for today.  The kids are growing so fast, Henry and Liam spent a lot of time riding bike around the block and of course eating much of the time!!!  It was nice to have Lizzia and Betina join us.  Aaron/Amy and kids are off to enjoy Amy's brother and his family so grandpa is going to shave, go up town to get a couple of things and perhaps get some early shuteye. 
I would say that I did pretty well today.  Only a couple of times in conversation did those darn tears make a limited appearance for which I was thankful.  Everyone knows that Gail lived for these kind of times so the emptiness in my soul is very THERE but I am thankful for the healer time.  It does make things better with each event that comes and goes.  I suppose that the lump in my throat and the dryness in my mouth will not disappear ever as I say the meal time grace but then God never promised us that life would remain the same forever.  As family changes, as events come and go, I remain thankful for all the blessings that I have at this time.  The past, it was very rich, the present OK and the future who really knows.  The only constant in one's life remains God's promise that he loves us and will always be at our side. 
Enough!

No comments: