Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1!!!!!!

Here is Gail and and I in Hawaii in January of 2008. It was Gail's third time in Hawaii and my first and she was so excited for me to experience everything.  It was a grand time for 3 weeks.
Today was a breath of fresh air.  It was sunny and the temp was close to 40.  I took a 3 mile walk and enjoyed each step.  It looks to me that in a short time I may be able to get the bike out.  Perhaps it will snow by then so who knows but today and the rest of the week is supposed to be great.  I am not so naive as to think that spring has sprung but it doesn't hurt to dream!
I felt so much better today.  I don't know if it was the weather, a new month, more prayer or what caused it but my spirits were better than all of last week.  It just seemed to be one of those "upper" days that I have not experiecned much in the last several months.  Actually it may be that I am just getting more realistic or normal if that is possible.  I do think that I am starting to come to grips with the fact that I am a 63 year old guy who has much of his life behind him, hopefully many more years ahead of him and there will be much to do, many places to go and many things to finish in the months and years ahead. 
I finally was able to call the camp grounds and reserve camp sites for everyone in the family over July 4 weekend.  I had it on my mind for a few weeks but just could not pull the trigger.  I had reservations last summer and then we canceled because Gail was not feeling well.  I think I had a difficult time putting that out of mind when I would try to call.  Anyway it is done and we have the group site for 3 nights. The lady could not believe me when I said I needed 4 tent sites without electricity. 
I was so sad to hear that Mary, a high school classmate lost her husband 3 weeks ago.  I have not seen her since high school but it is difficult to hear things like that.  I have so much empathy for those situations as after one goes through that you just wish nobody else has to experience it too.  My prayers will be with Mary in the days ahead.
The rest of the week is a bit busy as 2 things going on tomorrow, one on Wednesday and one on Thursday.  The days, weeks and months just fly by with no let up.  Of course how could one expect time to stand still!!!

No comments: