This is Ruby Gail picture night. I should think that the littlest and the youngest should get star treatment at least once. At this time grandpa thinks she is the cutest but then I thought that same thing of each of the first 6 so go figure!!!!!!!!!! Grandma would say she sure is a keeper.
The shower was nice today. I would say there were about 30 in Gail's family there and it sure is nice to have those little kids there. I even played volleyball. I did fall once but I did not cry.
I took a short walk tonight and it turned out to be a long journey. I walked around the block and then I wandered up to St. Kate's campus. I spent a bit of time there and that was the journey. Some of the memories I laughed about and cried about were:
- The boys bringing back fish eyes from the pond
- Gail's and my last grandma/grandpa day was spent there
- The many times the grand kids came there to climb the trees, chase the ducks and play in the play ground there
- sliding down the hill towards the pond and hearing Gail's laugh as she did that
- taking family pictures there the weekend of Cynthia's hs graduation
- holding hands with Gail as we took our walks around the campus
- walking across the campus to the boys' soccer games at SPA
- Cyn danced there once
- feeding the ducks bread
- Some of the last walks Gail/I had were around the campus
The shower was the 3rd family function I have gone to alone. The first was a wedding, the second was the Christmas thing and now today. I was in control today pretty well. I hope I can adjust to St. Kates as it is so close and a fun place to walk.
I am hoping and planning to get in the wood shop tomorrow, I will see if I can be successful. I have not looked at the weather but hope it stays kind of warm.
I am going to try and sleep in tomorrow, will see if it works.